Keith Makin and Gaynor Higson travelled over to Switzerland for their fourth time to run in the 23rd Swiss Alpine festival of running. They ran the half marathon 21K which starts in the town of Buel just outside Klosters on the spectacular Sunniberg Bridge at an altitude of 1050m and finishes in Davos, Europes highest town, at an altitude of 1560m. Lots of climbing, running and walking in places but great scenery.
Excellently organised with typical Swiss clockwork like efficiency, even perfect running weather on the day following snow and cold rain earlier in the week. Other races included 78K, 42K x 2, 31K, 21K walk, 11K and mini races for children with over 5000 runners taking part. The race ends in Davos town centre with a run along cheering spectator lined roads to the sports stadium to be greeted with loads of food and free alchohol free beer.
Mens Results :-
1. Adrian Marriott (GB) 1:20:34
2. Marcel Tschopp (Winterthur) 1:24:16
3. Christian Puricelli (Porza) 1:24:49
456. Keith Makin (Horwich RMI) 2:28:25 (17th V60) 22nd British Man
1. Seraina Boner (Klosters) 1:34:59
2. Seraina Mischol (Davos) 1:35:36
3. Annette Bendig (Chur) 1:38:57
4. Alison Docherty (Dunblane) 1:41:05
28. Gaynor Higson (Horwich RMI) 2:00:19 (3rd L40) 2nd British Lady
Next years races 25th July 2009 contact Keith or Gaynor for details or