Keith ran the 21K (Half Marathon) +680m/-190m which started on the spectacular Sunniberg road bridge near to Klosters climbing for about 4 miles then descending through Laret and finishing in Davos on the running track. Unfortunately he failed to spot any of the Royal family on the way.
Gaynor ran the 31K +370m/-820m for the first time over a slightly altered course from last year and even managed to descend into Filisur without incident. This race starts in Davos and passes through Zugen Gorge, through Monstein and over the impressive Wiesen railway viaduct (1500m high)
The weather was excellent for running on race day but previously it had snowed quite hard and there was a thunder storm the night before the races in Davos.
Well organised again and well worth another visit next year when it will be the 25th anniversary of the races see www.swissalpine.ch
1. Reichert Florian 01:19:22
2. Van Rie Koen (Belgium) 01:19:29
3. Livers Toni (Davos) 01:23:12
23. Andy Staveley (Burnden Road Runners) 01:33:55 (1st British Man)
323. Keith Makin (Horwich RMI Harriers & AC) 02:05:35 New PB by 00:22:50 over last years time, 259th Man, 10th V60, 8th British Man
1. Stokseth Oyvind (Norway) 01:59:15
2. Hugenschmidt Stephan (Germany) 01:59:28
3. Sulzer Peter (Binningen) 02:02:16
74. Gaynor Higson (Horwich RMI Harriers & AC) 02:38:34 1st run over this course so a new PB! 16th Woman, 6th LV40, 2nd British Woman
Also well chuffed